Followers

24 April 2011

Non-Traditional Wedding Colours

A lovely woman at work approached me to make a wedding card. A simple request on face value but then the requirements of colour came into play - Tangerine, Chocolate and Gold not necessary in that order. My initial thoughts where yuck and yuck and yuck some more!!

So I went through my stash to find appropriate papers and then found myself at Lincraft buying a very expensive paper pad which I don't see myself using again in any great hurry. Anyway I finished the card and was happy with the result (maybe just happy that I got a finished card in the end with very non-traditional Wedding colours!!)

Card Specs
Stamp/Image: NIL
Colouring: NIL
Card Stock: Shimmer Card
Patterned Paper: Sullivans Paper Wad
Inks: Printer
Die Cuts: Spellbinder Circle and Scalloped Circles
Embellishments: Vivaldi Blossoms, Misc ribbon from my stash and Kaiser Pearls

I am also entering this into the following challenges
- Stampin for the Weekend Challenge # 8 - Wedding
- Totally Papercrafts Challenge # 63 - Weddings
- Stamping Vacation Challenge - Occasion Oasis Wedding
- Everybody Art Challenge # 138 - Pearls
- Ladybug Crafts Ink Challenge # 24 - Anything Goes
- A Gem Of A Challenge # 19 - Pearls and/or Swirls

Happy Easter
Sam xx

5 comments:

  1. Sometimes when we're given specific ideas and colours to use we panic but I think you did a great job with those colours Samantha (I hope my daughter won't pick them for her wedding next year lol)I'm sure you'll look to that pp again one day :-D Thanks for joining in the fun at LCI this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, and it does look like a wedding card, I saw no problem with the colors! Thanks for playing with us at Ladybug Crafts Ink challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card, even though that's a very unusual color combo lol! Thank you for joining in the LCI Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the unusual colors for this wedding card! They are so so fantasticly matched this way! Thanks for joining us this week at Totally Papercraft Challenge. Hope you will be back next week. Hugs Marion

    ReplyDelete